Terms and Conditions of Warranty To Häfele Appliance
A. General Warranty Terms
This product is fully guaranteed against defective materials and manufacturing defaults including parts and services for a period of 24 months from the date of purchase.
1. The warranty provided by HÄFELE Singapore (Häfele) shall apply to manufacturing defects and covers for domestic/ household use only.
2. This warranty card must be duly completed and returned to us within 14 days from the date of purchase to effect. All fields of the warranty card must be correctly filled in. In otherwise, the warranty period will be counted from date of inventory issuance.
3. Warranty card is not transferred and not replaced in the event of loss.
4. Warranty is effective for appliances purchased from an authorized Häfele dealer operated in Singapore only.
5. End user shall only engage Häfele technicians or Häfele authorized service contractor to provide warranty related services.
6. The purchaser is required to present warranty card and original proof of purchase document when service is required. In otherwise, cost of labour and parts will be imposed.
7. Service charge will be imposed for a requested service call with no technical fault identified by Häfele technicians or Häfele authorized service contractor during warranty period.
8. Under the following circumstances, parts and labour will be chargeable even during the warranty period. The warranty DOES NOT extend to the followings:
- The serial number of the appliance has been altered, tampered or removed.
- The appliance has been tampered with, subject to misuse, negligence and damage while in transit.
- The appliance has not been installed, maintained or operated in accordance with instructions given by manufacturers
- The appliance has undergone, repaired, modified, or dismantled by any other person prior verification of approval by Häfele.
- Defects are caused by abnormal voltage or in-coming power supply from a generator.
- Defects are caused by fire, lightning, electrical disturbance, negligence, accidents and other natural disasters or deviation from recommended application and installation.
- Defects are caused by household pests such as lizard, rat, cockroach, etc.
- Defects are caused by chemical reaction, excessive heat, excessive dust, corrosive surroundings, such as cement factory, animal farm, etc.
- Components parts which require replacement in the ordinary course of use are caused by normal wear and tear by reasons of their characteristic, including accessories. Including but not limited to light bulbs, fuses, glass oven doors, tempered glass, regulate gas and etc.
- External appearance parts include cabinet and joints against damages, scratches and ageing.
9. Warranty will be void if the appliance is being operated without Häfele genuine or recommended manufacturer.
10. Häfele liability under this warranty is limited to repairing and/ or replacing defective products only. The warranty does not cover any losses and damages caused directly or indirectly by the products.
11. Häfele reserves the right to impose additional charges or may refuse to attend to any products installed locations which are inaccessible and / or hazardous to its service agents.
12. Decisions by Häfele on all questions pertaining to complaints as results of defects, either workmanship or material shall be conclusive.
13. Authorized person, agents, service centers by Häfele shall not change, modify or extend the terms of these warranties in any manner.
14. The purchases will have no claim under this warranty in respect of personal injury, damages to property or consequential damage.
15. Non-observance of clause 6 and 9, Häfele reserves the right to reject the warranty claim
B. Conditions of Warranty
1. Repair or replacement of parts or accessories shall be free of charges if customer meets following conditions:
- The product still during in the warranty period.
- Present warranty card or purchase invoice (From Häfele or its authorized dealers) when claiming for warranty.
- The warranty card is only valid within the territory of Singapore.
- The product has been used properly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Failures, defects of the product are deemed to be caused by failures or defects of parts, accessories or faults of the manufacturer.
2. Replace with an equivalent new product for customer in following cases:
- It is impossible to repair or remedy failures of the product. Time to repair and remedy is too long compared with the request.
- Warranty has been done for many times (for the same failure) within the Warranty period without remedying such failure. For the number of warranty times as a basis of exchanging for an equivalent new product, Häfele shall consider and determine at its discretion in each specific case
3. Return for New Product
It could be return for new product with similar features or new product of the same type with superior features. Depending on actual situation, the Parties shall agree upon the remaining value of damaged product to be returned as a basis for substitution with similar new product in accordance with this clause. Accordingly, the Parties shall agree upon the deference between the price of substitution product and that of substituted product either Party shall pay to other Party at the time of product exchange.
4. All failed or defective parts, accessories or products replaced according to this warranty article shall be the property of Häfele.
C. The Cases Are Not Covered by Warranty
- Installation fittings, associated accessories, including: Bas, grill, refrigerator trays, parts or components made of glass, etc.
- Breakages, scratches, and rust after use.
- Damage due to unstable and/or surge voltage.
- Damage with the sign of rodents and/or insects’ intrusion.
- Damage caused by improper installation and use outside of product specifications.
- Damage caused by being in use with other defective products.
- Product used for commercial purposes.
- Being replaced with non-genuine parts.
- Damage by force majeure such as acts of God.
- Wear and tear parts and components.
D. Notes on Installation and Storage
- This is Class 1 equipment (according to IEC standards) and shall be in use with earthed electrical connectors.
- Properly install according to the instructions of manufacturer (supplied with products).
- A minimum ventilation space should be available (as per instructions of manufacturer).
- For electric and induction cookers: a thermal insulation from the drawer’s underneath is required.
- For gas cookers: Always check for gas leakage using soap or special tools right after installation.
- Product should be regularly cleaned during its use.